Sunday 5 December 2010

Day 3 - My Parents

My mum is my parent. Yeah I had my dad around for a good number of years but in all honesty I think we would've all been better off if he hadn't been.

People often think I judge my dad too harshly, telling me to "Give him another chance" I'm sure some people think I'm a hypocrite. But I don't dislike him because of his problems. I dislike him because he's not a nice person, he's selfish and self centred and his problems probably stemmed from that. Anyways enough time wasted on him.

My Mum and me have an up-down relationship. But ultimately we are very close. I think we'll be closer when I've moved out properly. Right now we're two big personalities in a small space, with 3 other big personalities! Doesn't help much :)

I jokingly refer to my mum as "The fix it lady" Seriously though she can mend anything! Theres always some bit of useful thing hanging around the house to stick something back together or make a costume for a party from scratch or goodness knows what else!

My mum is ultimatly very silly - she never really grew up which is great because I dont think me and my sister will either in that respect. It is sometimes quite annoying if your trying to have a serious conversation or if you need her to "be the adult" and shes acting like a silly teenager.

But like most girls with their mothers,  I love her to pieces and could never be without her :)

2 comments:

  1. <3 <3 <3 Way to go mum! (look at the 'u' there..I'm soo british lol) Thanks for sharing this sarah.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this ramble :)