Sunday 12 December 2010

Day 09 – My faith

Hmm. I wouldn't say I have a "faith" per say.

Put simply I believe there is 'something' bigger than us. And that's as far as I got!

I'm not even entirely certain about the whole concept of God. That's not to say I don't think (S)He could exist. I've even been known to have a number of chats. I just think its the "name" I'm uncomfortable with. Maybe its all the connotations over the years. Maybe its that although I understand "personifying" makes it 'easier' and 'more real' for us "mere mortals" to understand I think for me it actually takes something away.

I've found myself frequently saying "The Universe" and I think that works for me. Maybe again because of the whole "something bigger than us" thing and the Universe is pretty freaking huge! But by that I mean "The force that is greater than us" - but that just sounds too Star Wars-y! :D

As a teenager the belief system that appealed to me most was Wicca/Paganism.  As most teenage girls are the 'magic' intrigued me but it was more than that. It was the whole belief that everything is connected, that what you put into the world will come back on you. (3 -fold is debatable in my opinion though) But definitely 'what goes around comes around.' To be honest the God/Goddess iconology and belief again didn't sit right and that's why I stopped reading more into it.

I'm definitely a big believer in fate. And that everything happens for a reason. It doesn't mean we shouldn't work hard. It doesn't mean we don't make choices. It definitely doesn't mean things will fall in our laps. What it means is that the choice we make will teach us a lesson we are meant to learn. And as I say things happen for reasons - even if we cant see them right then. When I first wanted out of my last job (about 6 months before I actually resigned) I was applying for a ton of jobs, had a few interviews - a couple of them I REALLY wanted, but didn't get them. At the time it was depressing and saddening but looking back...if I'd got that job, I would never have gone to America.

So even when things are looking REALLY shitty I do try and remind myself that everything happens for a reason.

When someone needs prayers or thoughts I try and think on it as sending positive energy towards them into the Universe. Sometimes I will literally verbalise that with a conversation with God/The Universe/The Fates etc etc. Same goes for if I  need it, or I need someone to be watched out for.

And I always say Thank You. Because at the end of the day if someone helps you out, or if your asking for their help...its only polite to thank them for it :)

PS: Oh my goodness...could I have used more of these? "..."???

2 comments:

  1. Hey, babe, elipses rule, don't beat yourself up over it, ok?
    I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was raised very Catholic...and dont follow it to this day. I believe in something bigger too...and have faith in something higher/bigger than myself. And also have the dont worry it will also work out and have to believe that things will get better. But then I also believe in just being a good person...so maybe this is just Karma too. Which seems like you too hun. ANd again please and thank you can go along way i agree =)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think of this ramble :)